Heart surgery options
Your heart beats nearly 100,000 times a day, pumps 1.5 gallons of blood per minute and there are nearly 60,000 miles of blood vessels in the human body. The heart is one of the most important organs in our bodies.
Cardiothoracic surgeons specialize in the diagnosis, treatment and surgery of the heart and lungs. Our team of cardiothoracic providers is one of the best and most comprehensive in the Northwest.
To help you understand the process and options prior to heart surgery, we recommend this patient-friendly guide from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, The Patient Guide to Heart, Lung, and Esophageal Surgery.
Our cardiothoracic surgery services include:
- Aortic dissections and aneurysm repair (thoracic)
- Bloodless cardiac surgery
- Cardiac trauma
- Coronary artery bypass graft (CABG)
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)
- Endoscopic saphenous vein harvest
- Laser transmural revascularization
- Repair of congenital heart defects in adults
- Resection of cardiac tumors
- Surgical Maze procedure for treating atrial fibrillation
- Valve replacement and repair (robotic, minimally invasive and open)