ESTIMATE YOUR HOSPITAL COSTS
Request an estimate, use our price estimator or view our hospital chargemasters.
Estimates are just that. The actual charges may change based on your health plan, changes in your treatment and other factors.
For outpatient visits, it is helpful for you to have the current procedural terminology (CPT) code for the procedure. Contact your doctor’s office for the CPT code.
Request an estimate by phone
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Use our price estimator
Our price estimator provides an estimate of your out-of-pocket cost based on your selected health insurance plan and service at this hospital.
- This estimate may not include physician, anesthesiologist, radiologist, and other specialist professional fees.
- This estimate does not guarantee your health insurance plan coverage, benefits, service authorization, or payments.
- Your final bill will vary based on possible changes in service(s), medical conditions, final diagnosis, complications, your health insurance plan benefits at the time of the service(s), and the eligibility and coverage determined by your health insurance carrier.
View our hospital chargemasters
What is a hospital chargemaster?
A chargemaster is a comprehensive list of charges for each inpatient and outpatient service or item provided by a hospital. Given the many services provided by hospitals 24 hours a day, seven days a week, a chargemaster contains thousands of services and related charges.
A chargemaster reflects standard charges billed to payors, whether commercial, government, or self-pay – not your out-of-pocket costs. This is because your out-of-pocket costs are ultimately based on your:
- Individual health plan benefits
- Medical situation
- Unique treatment plan
- Financial situation – Uninsured or self-pay patients receive a 35 percent discount off Legacy’s standard charges for hospital services. In addition, Legacy has one of the most generous financial assistance programs in our region.
Legacy Health Chargemaster and DRG
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a DRG?
A DRG is a system of categorizing patient encounters (primarily inpatient) for payment by many payors including Medicare, which is determined by the patient’s diagnosis, length of hospital stay and treatments provided.
Are all my charges listed in the chargemaster?
Legacy’s chargemaster includes all items and services billed by the hospital. Not included are professional charges billed by physicians and other providers, such as emergency physicians, anesthesiologists, radiologists, etc. Also, not included are non-hospital services provided by Legacy Health, such as Legacy Medical Group Clinic and Legacy-Go Health charges.
Do the charges listed reflect what my out-of-pocket costs will be?
Because your out-of-pocket costs are based on your individual health plan benefits, medical situation, treatment plan and financial situation, the chargemaster is not a useful tool for estimating your out-of-pocket costs.
How are charges determined?
Charges are determined by what it costs Legacy to provide the service, local market conditions, payor and regulatory requirements, as well as Legacy’s costs to operate the hospital.
Why do charges vary from hospital to hospital?
Each hospital system has its own chargemaster with its own unique pricing. Charges may vary between health systems and hospitals – even within the same local markets – because each has its own factors that influence pricing including staffing, equipment and maintenance costs. Moreover, hospital systems may structure their charges differently, so it isn’t always possible to make a direct price comparison based on chargemasters.
Compare hospital pricing data
- To compare hospital pricing data based on your unique health needs by visiting OregonHospitalGuide.org.
- To view the national average price for procedures for outpatient care through Medicare's Procedure Price Lookup.
- To view information on procedure costs in the state of Oregon, visit Oregon Association of Hospitals and Health Systems (OAHHS).
As a reminder, it is always helpful to get as much information from your doctor about the anticipated care plan to use as a reference for these tools.
Legacy Health is ready to help you and your family understand your financial obligation at any time during your treatment process. For information on financial assistance, please visit our payment plans and assistance page. We encourage you to reach out and ask our financial counselors detailed questions – especially before scheduled services.