GRANTS MANAGEMENT - Specific Aims
Supporting our researchers' projects from concept to close-out.
The "Specific Aims" attachment is required unless otherwise specified in the FOA.
Maximum of 1 page
- NIH Application Guide - Specific Aims
State concisely the goals of the proposed research and summarize the expected outcome(s), including the impact that the results of the proposed research will have on the research field(s) involved.
List succinctly the specific objectives of the research proposed (e.g., to test a stated hypothesis, create a novel design, solve a specific problem, challenge an existing paradigm or clinical practice, address a critical barrier to progress in the field, or develop new technology).
For a strong specific aims section cover the following points:
- Detail the gap in knowledge that this research will address
- Include a statement of why this research is needed
- Details of your overall objective
- Describe your central hypothesis
- List your specific aims (this should be an overview only, 1 paragraph for each and usually 3-4 specific aims total)
- Describe the expected outcomes of your research and link it back to the overall objective