For Legacy Health Patients
LMG-Mount Hood Women's Clinic and
the Family Birth Center closure in the Legacy Mount Hood Medical Center
All pregnant patients with LMG–Mount Hood Women’s Health clinic will deliver at the Family Birth Center at Randall Children’s Hospital, effective March 17, 2023.
Legacy Health, like hospitals across the country, is facing the trend of financial losses due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, we are having to take actions that will allow us to continue our mission. Legacy Health Mount Hood Family Birth Center will close on March 17, 2023, pending approval by the State of Oregon. Legacy’s ob/gyn clinics, doctors, and midwives will continue to serve the greater East Multnomah County area for women’s services in their clinics.
Checking in to the Family Birth Center at Randall Children's Hospital
If you are pregnant and having a pregnancy-related emergency, go to Randall Children’s Hospital emergency department.
- Call your midwife or obstetrician at 503-491-9444 and let them know you are going into labor.
- Call the Family Birth Center at Randall at 503-276-6660 to inform them you’re coming in.
Arrival between 5 a.m.–9 p.m.
- Park in Parking Structure 1 or Parking Structure 4. Take your ticket with you for validation.
- Enter through the main Randall entrance on Gantenbein Avenue.
- Check in with security at the front desk. Security will call the Labor and Delivery unit to notify them of your arrival at the Family Birth Center on the ninth floor.
Arrival between 9 p.m.–5 a.m.
- Park in the Randall emergency department parking lot. Follow the emergency department signage to enter from N. Monroe Street or N. Morris Street. There are designated parking spots for Labor and Delivery patients.
- Check in with the receptionist in the emergency department.
- The receptionist will call and notify Labor and Delivery of your arrival. You will be escorted to the Family Birth Center located on the ninth floor.
Printed driving directions and parking information:
Schedule an in-person tour of Randall's Family Birth Center
LMG-Mount Hood Women’s Health
24850 SE Stark St., Suite 200
Medical Office Building 2
Legacy Mount Hood Medical Center
Gresham, OR 97030
Clinic phone: 503-491-9444
Family Birth Center at Randall Children's Hospital
2801 N Gantenbein Ave.
Portland, OR 97227
Hospital phone: 503-276-6500
Questions and Answers
Where will I deliver my baby?
Your baby will be delivered at the Family Birth Center at Randall Children’s Hospital. We also have Family Birth Centers at Legacy Health Meridian Park, Legacy Health Good Samaritan, Legacy Health Silverton, and Legacy Health Salmon Creek in Washington.
Will my provider still be at the clinic for me?
Yes. Our clinic (LMG-Mount Hood Women’s Health) will continue to offer women’s services and care for you in greater Gresham and all of East County.
What about my medical records?
Your medical records won’t be missing. A part of the advantages of Legacy Health is the continuity of your care across our entire system. Your records follow you no matter where you receive care in the Legacy system.
I heard doctors are leaving the clinic. Is that true?
Yes, there are some doctors who are leaving the clinic over the next several months. We are reaching out to their patients that are affected to provide them with a list of recommended providers to choose from. We still have several doctors on staff as well as midwives to serve you.
Why did the Family Birth Center close?
Legacy Health, like hospitals across the country, is facing the trend of financial losses due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, we are having to take actions that will allow us to contain costs, deliver on our mission and continue offering essential services to ensure continuity of care for our patients.
Can I still meet with my doctor and go to my appointments? I'm thinking of cancelling now.
Of course. Your care will still continue with us, and you will still come to us for your appointments. None of that will change. The only change is your delivery location. You can still visit your doctor here for your regular exams, get your lab work done on campus as well as any imaging you may need.
Randall Children's Hospital at Legacy Emanuel
Take a virtual tour now
Take a look at Oregon's most complete, state-of-the-art Family Birth Center. The spacious, spa-like rooms give your family the space and comfort to participate in your child's birth.