Rehabilitation Institute of Oregon
Patient Resources and Education
Services > Adult Services A-Z > Rehabilitation > Patient Resources and Education
To be eligible for RIO, patients must need:
- Complex medical management from physiatry and rehabilitation nursing 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- A minimum of two types of therapy (physical, occupational and/or speech)
- Coordination of complex physical, psychological, cognitive, behavioral and/or social issues related to discharge planning
- Also, we ask that your insurance plan authorize the admission.
To begin the admission process:
- Ask your doctor to call 503-413-6931 or 800-621-6446
- We do all pre-admission assessments at no cost to you or your doctor.
- Our staff will work with your doctor's office, your insurance or other payer.
In-patient care options
Determining the best place for you or your family member to transition to after being hospitalized for a traumatic injury or illness requires a thorough understanding of the wide variety of rehabilitation services provided in different healthcare settings. The purpose of rehabilitation care is to maximize recovery and meet individual goals.
The Association of Rehabilitation Nurses (ARN) produced this resource to assist families in making the best decision for their situation: Making the right decision for rehabilitation care