By your side from diagnosis to recovery.
Services > Adult Services A-Z > Cancer > Living With > Nurse Navigators
The role of nurse navigators
Legacy Cancer Institute's nurse navigators are there to make a difficult time more manageable and less frightening for you and your loved ones.
Our nurse navigators are registered nurses with experience caring for cancer patients. Most are also oncology-certified nurses, which means they have additional education and national certification in cancer care.
Your cancer nurse navigator can help you:
- Understand your cancer diagnosis and your care options
- Plan for possible side effects and handle symptoms
- Voice questions to your doctor and team
- Learn about your medications
- Look for help if you have financial concerns and transportation issues, through referrals to Legacy or community services
- Find your way around our hospitals and clinics
- Connect you to Legacy’s cancer support services
- Find additional support through local, nonprofit community groups
Build your support system
Nurse navigators are ready to assist you from diagnosis through treatment and recovery. Call 503-413-8888 or toll free at 1-877-777-0112 to contact a navigator.