Legacy Oregon Burn Center
Oregon Burn Center resources for professionals
Consults, transfers, and referral criteria
Quick-reference guide poster:
- Speak directly with the RN in charge 24/7. MD consult is always available.
- Use RITAPICS to transmit photos of the burn injury.
- Mode of transport – consider your community’s resources, patient condition, and geographic location
- American Burn Association Burn Center referral criteria
- Partial and full thickness burns equaling more than 10% of total body surface area (1st degree or superficial burns not Included).
- Burns involving the face, hands feet, genitalia, perineum or major joints.
- All electrical (including lightning), chemical or inhalation Injuries.
- Burn injury patients with pre-existing medical conditions or history.
- Burn injuries associated with traumatic Injuries.
- Any suspicion of non-accidental trauma, special social, emotional or rehabilitative considerations.
Treatment guidelines and protocols
Educational Outreach for Providers and healthcare professionals:
For any educational outreach offerings, please contact Curtis Ryun at email@example.com
- Grand Rounds Burn Speakers – many topics available
- “Ask the Burn Surgeon Expert” – in person or virtual Q&A session
- Case Reviews – in person or virtual
- Advanced Burn Life Support (ABLS) certification – Free CEUs/CMEs