Perfect Pumpkin Pancakes
November 03, 2018
Eating with diabetes can be challenging, but that doesn’t mean it still can’t be delicious. These Perfect Pumpkin Pancakes are a perfect meal that the entire family will love.
Perfect pumpkin pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour or Gluten-free baking mix
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- One tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg (or you can use 1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice instead of the nutmeg/cinnamon)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups fat-free milk or dairy-free substitute
- Three tsp Brown Sugar or 1 ½ packet Stevia or 3 tsp from the baker’s bag
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- Two eggs, lightly beaten
- One 15-ounce can pumpkin
- Canola oil or Coconut oil to coat pan with
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, spices, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, brown sugar/Stevia, oil, eggs, and pumpkin. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir mixture until batter is smooth and thoroughly mixed.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with oil over medium heat. Once pan heats up, pour 1/3 cup batter to form pancakes. Cook pancakes until brown on bottom and some bubbles begin to break around edges. Turn pancake over.
- Cook until brown on bottom and firm to touch in the center.
- Repeat procedure until all batter is gone.
For more diabetes-friendly foods:
Share Your Story
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER