Legacy’s Doula program for Medicaid patients giving birth at Randall Children’s Hospital Family Birth Center
For professional doulas
Verified Doula Badge for community doulas & midwives:
Legacy supports professional doulas as part of the Legacy Care Team on all our Family Birth Center units. Professional doulas are not considered visitors. These doulas will wear a purple badge titled “Verified Doula”. This badge means the doula has met the criteria to receive a badge and can support their clients at any Legacy facility as a part of our care team. These badges only allow the doula access to care for their clients during labor and one-hour postpartum. Legacy’s one support person only policy is still in place for a planned or unplanned cesarean birth (no doulas in the OR unless they are the one support person chosen).
How to get a Verified Doula badge:
For Professional Doulas only, please provide at least one or more of the following to demonstrate professional doula/midwife verification. The more points of verification you can provide, the faster we can expedite approval for access to Legacy’s Family Birth Center(s). Once you have registered, a staff member will email you with next steps.
- PDF of completed doula training from an established and approved doula program
- Traditional Health Worker Registry approval- THW link or approval letter acceptable
- PDF of doula certification
- Link to bio on your professional doula website
- Link to DoulaMatch profile
- Other proof of doula training and/or professional work (outside of U.S)
o Must list professional doula trainer contact
- Community Birth Midwives as Doulas (transport):
o Provide CNM, CPM, LDM, DE, Naturopathic/Family Practice, or Traditional certification verification
o Provide OMC contact/membership status for referral as needed
Please note: once you are approved, you will need to go to a Legacy Security Office to receive a badge (in-person).
You must always wear your badge upon entry and while at Legacy to not be counted as a visitor. No badge= No entry unless you are the one designated visitor. Your badge gives you access to all six Legacy medical centers.
For candidates who want to contract with Legacy as a THW Doula:
Info session recording- 1 hour in length.
- How he Legacy doula program was created by Doulas for Doulas!
- Legacy CEUs to support THW Doula registry
- Goals of program: Patient-driven, independent contractor doula care
- Benefits to the doula working with Legacy
- Scale out vision 2022 and beyond
12/6 Info session:
CPR- In-person skills training (free)
Collaborative Training CEU (coming soon):
- Module #1- Hospital based Doulas 101
- Module #2- Collaborative Best Practices
- Module #3- Advanced doula care and medical literacy
- Becoming a Legacy contracted doula