ESTIMATE YOUR HOSPITAL COSTS
Request an estimate or use our price estimator.
Out-of-pocket medical costs often cause another layer of worry for patients who already have a lot on their minds. Patients may even avoid care if they don’t know what to expect from out-of-pocket costs.
Legacy Health’s price estimator tool can help clarify what you might owe for medical services. Potential costs for patients will no longer be a mystery. This transparency also means patients will benefit from a better patient experience.
Estimates are just that. The actual charges may change based on your health plan, changes in your treatment and other factors.
For outpatient visits, it is helpful for you to have the current procedural terminology (CPT) code for the procedure. Contact your doctor’s office for the CPT code.
Request an estimate by phone
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Use our price estimator
Our price estimator provides an estimate of your out-of-pocket cost based on your selected health insurance plan and service at this hospital.
- This estimate may not include physician, anesthesiologist, radiologist, and other specialist professional fees.
- This estimate does not guarantee your health insurance plan coverage, benefits, service authorization, or payments.
- Your final bill will vary based on possible changes in service(s), medical conditions, final diagnosis, complications, your health insurance plan benefits at the time of the service(s), and the eligibility and coverage determined by your health insurance carrier.
Pricing transparency files
As required by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), we are publishing a comprehensive machine-readable file of our standard charges with negotiated payer rates. Keep in mind: This file does not reflect the patient’s out-of-pocket costs. We hope you will use our helpful price estimator to determine out-of-pocket costs.
Please note: Because of the size of the file, you may need special computer software/speed to open the file.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do the charges listed reflect what my out-of-pocket costs will be?
Because your out-of-pocket costs are based on your individual health plan benefits, medical situation, treatment plan and financial situation, the machine-readable files are not a useful tool for estimating your out-of-pocket costs.
How are charges determined?
Charges are determined by what it costs Legacy to provide the service, local market conditions, payor and regulatory requirements, as well as Legacy’s costs to operate the hospital.
Why do charges vary from hospital to hospital?
Each hospital system has its own chargemaster with its own unique pricing. Charges may vary between health systems and hospitals – even within the same local markets – because each has its own factors that influence pricing, including staffing, equipment and maintenance costs. Moreover, hospital systems may structure their charges differently, so it isn’t always possible to make a direct price comparison based on chargemasters.
Compare hospital pricing data
- To compare hospital pricing data based on your unique health needs by visiting OregonHospitalGuide.org.
- To view the national average price for procedures for outpatient care through Medicare's Procedure Price Lookup.
- To view information on procedure costs in the state of Oregon, visit Oregon Association of Hospitals and Health Systems (OAHHS).
As a reminder, it is always helpful to get as much information from your doctor about the anticipated care plan to use as a reference for these tools.
Legacy Health is ready to help you and your family understand your financial obligation at any time during your treatment process. For information on financial assistance, please visit our payment plans and assistance page. We encourage you to reach out and ask our financial counselors detailed questions – especially before scheduled services.