Center Annual Notice
Clinical Pastoral Education
For Health Professionals > Education > Clinical Pastoral Education > Center Annual Notice
Center annual notice
In compliance with the Standards of the ACPE and the Family Education and Privacy Act (FERPA), the center posts this annual notice.
- This ACPE CPE center and program guarantees to its students the rights to inspect and review education records, to seek to amend them, to specified control over release of record information, and to file a complaint against the program for alleged violations of these Family Education and Privacy Act (FERPA) rights.
- Directory information at this center includes the student’s name, date of birth, previous education, photograph, and the denomination or faith group of which they are a part. Students may opt out of public disclosure of this information by informing the Director of Spiritual Care in writing of their request.
- Student records are outlined in the Student Records Policy and may be digital/electronic or on paper. Student records contain the following information: Student unit evaluation, Supervisor’s evaluation for each unit, application for the program, letters of reference or other communications associated with the application process. Digital records have at least one back-up separate from the original hardware location and are updated at least monthly.
- Student records management falls under the direction of Certified ACPE Supervisors at this center. A student has the right to object to record content. If not negotiable, the written objection will be kept with and released with the record. Grades are exempt from this right.
- A student’s record will not be released without the written consent of the student.
- Those with access to student records are under the direct supervision of the Director of Spiritual Care, Supervisory Education Students under the direct supervision of an ACPE Supervisor and enrolled as an SES at this center, other certified ACPE Supervisors contracted to supervise units of CPE, and the Administrative Assistant of the department. Each of these persons is considered “education officials.” Others with a “legitimate education interest” includes human resources and the CAO of Emanuel Medical Center. Those with “legitimate education interest” may review an educational record in order to fulfill his/her professional responsibility for the administrative, educational, or research purposes carried out by the CPE program.
- Violations of these protocols may be reported to the Chair of Accreditation Commission at: ACPE, We Work, Floor 4, 120 West Trinity Place, Decatur, GA 30030