- All patients must have a histologically or cytologically proven diagnosis of adenocarcinoma of the prostate.
- Patients must have an intact prostate. No prior local therapy for prostate adenocarcinoma is allowed
- Patients must have technetium bone scan, and either CT of abdomen & pelvis or a MRI of pelvis within 42 days prior to starting standard systemic therapy, with evidence of metastatic disease on at least one scan.
- Patients with known brain metastases are not eligible.
- Patients must have received no more than 28 weeks of SST.
- No other prior malignancy is allowed except for the following: adequately treated basal cell or squamous cell skin cancer, adequately treated Stage 0, I or II cancer from which the patient is currently in complete remission, or any other cancer from which the patient has been disease free for three years.
Please contact Legacy Oncology Research for additional study inclusion/exclusion information.