- Histologic documentation of women or men with HER2 negative breast carcinoma and free of recurrence. If neoadjuvant therapy was received, either initial clinical stage (determined by physical and or radiologic examination) or post-operative pathologic stage can be used for eligibility purposes, with the higher stage determining eligibility. Histologic documentation of node positivity is required for ER/PR positive tumors.
- Bilateral or synchronous breast cancers are allowed, as long as both cancers are HER2 negative and at least one of the cancers meets eligibility.
- Prior adjuvant treatment with chemotherapy and/or endocrine therapy, as determined by the treating physician, is allowed. The last dose of chemotherapy or radiation therapy must be at least 30 days prior to study registration. Concurrent hormonal therapy is allowed.
- Regular NSAID/aspirin use at any dose (including baby aspirin) (defined as ≥ 5 days per week) is allowed if aspirin and/or NSAIDs are stopped for 30 days prior to study entry and throughout the study period.
- Age > 18 and < 70 years of age.
- ECOG performance status 0-2.
- No history of any prior stroke
- No history of atrial fibrillation or myocardial infarction.
- No history of grade 4 hypertension
- No known allergy to aspirin.
- Patients with a prior history of any type of breast cancer greater than 5 years from study screening may participate in this study.
Please contact Legacy Oncology Research for additional study inclusion/exclusion information.