- Age ≥ 18 years at diagnosis.
- ECOG Performance Status of 0 or 1.
- Histologically/pathologically confirmed stage IIA adenocarcinoma of the colon (T3, N0, M0) with at least 12 lymph nodes examined at the time of surgical resection.
- Appropriate for active surveillance (i.e., no adjuvant chemotherapy) at the discretion of and as documented by the evaluating oncologist based on current practice patterns.
- The patient must have had an en bloc complete gross resection of tumor (curative resection) as definitive surgical cancer treatment within 14 to 60 days of study randomization. Patients who have had a two-stage surgical procedure to first provide a decompressive colostomy and then, in a later procedure, to have the definitive surgical resection, are eligible.
- Colon cancer histology other than adenocarcinoma (i.e., neuroendocrine carcinoma, sarcoma, lymphoma, squamous cell carcinoma, etc.).
- Tumor-related bowel perforation.
- History of prior invasive colon malignancy, regardless of disease-free interval.
Please contact Legacy Oncology Research for additional study inclusion/exclusion information.