Age: > 3 years and < 21 years at the time of study enrollment
- Newly diagnosed with localized primary CNS NGGCT (Stratum 1) or localized primary CNS germinoma (Stratum 2)
- Germ cell tumors located in the suprasellar, pineal, bifocal (pineal + suprasellar) and ventricles are eligible
- Tumors present in the above mentioned locations and with unifocal parenchymal extension are eligible
CSF Cytology: must have negative lumbar CSF cytology (must be obtained unless medically contraindicated)
Timing: patients must be enrolled on ALTE07C1 (neuropsychological/behavior late effects study) prior to enrollment on ACNS1123.
Organ Function Requirement: Adequate bone marrow, kidney, and liver function.
Central Nervous System Function:
- Patients with seizure disorder may be enrolled if well controlled
- Patients must not be in status, coma, or assisted ventilation prior to study enrollment
Key Exclusions Criteria:
- Patients with mature teratoma with normal tumor markers are not eligible
- Patients with tumors located outside the ventricles (basal ganglia, thalamus) are not eligible
- Patients with metastatic disease by either MRI evaluation or lumbar CSF cytology are not eligible